Bringing you specialized healthcare programs & services, offered by our highly dedicated team of caring professionals. Funded by the Ministry of Health, we are Proudly serving Norfolk County & surrounding areas.
Our specially trained foot care nurses provide personal foot care and advice for clients of all ages, including people who suffer from chronic diseases like diabetes, arthritis and circulation problems. Care includes foot assessment, cutting and filling of toe nails, treating corns, calluses, ingrown nails and thickened nails and preventative care (health teaching) as well as referral to other health professionals.
Chronic Non-Cancer Pain Management Program
The Delhi Family Health Team’s CNCPMP is an interdisciplinary program designed to help individuals cope with chronic & persistent pain. People who most benefit from the chronic pain program, are those who have come to accept that their pain is truly chronic and cannot be cured.
Some of the goals the CNCPMP aims for are:
- Reducing pain
- Return to work or some other regular, meaningful activity
- Overcome problems that occur as a result of living with pain, like anxiety, irritability, depression, sleep disturbance, stressed relationships
- Reduce reliance on the use of narcotic pain medications
- Reduce reliance on the healthcare system generally
The CNCPMP focus on what the patient can do to manage pain. While there is often a time and place for relying on care from specialists who perform therapies and procedures, there also comes a time for the patient to take back control and learn how to live a normal life despite chronic pain.
The CNCPMP has an interdisciplinary approach. Program staff consists of nurse practitioners, nurses, occupational therapists, kinesiologists, social workers and a dietician
The CNCPMP is like a chronic pain school. Patients learn everything they need to know in order to live well despite having chronic pain. The staff are like teachers. In a supportive environment, they coach patients on how to do it.
Below are a few of the CNCPMP core component therapies:
- Stretching and core strengthening
- Mild, low impact aerobic exercises
- Relaxation therapies
- Coping skills training
- Individualized non-narcotic medication management
- Individualized tapering of narcotic medications as needed
- Non-surgical treatment such as injections
The program is a mix of individual appointments with different members of the team and small groups.
Here are a few of the 2021 Chronic Non-Cancer Pain Management Program – Virtual Workshops scheduled. For more information contact the team at (519) 582-2323 ext. 233
- Sex and Intimacy – January and September 2021
- What’s Eating You? Food and Mood – February and October 2021
- Memory and Concentration – April and November
- Talking Chronic Pain with Your Healthcare Providers – May and December 2021
- Who Am I Now? Acceptance, Self-Esteem & Identity – December 2021
- Parenting Through Pain – August 2021
- Care Provider Support Group – Last Monday of every month
- Chronic Pain Peer Support Group – Last Wednesday of every month
Walking Group ( part of the NCPMP)
WEDNESDAYS 10 AM TO 11 AM
APRIL THROUGH OCTOBER
CANCELLED IF RAINING OR EXTREME HEAT
A walking group which combines the benefits of physical activity with mental wellness.
Focus on low-impact walking at your comfort level and pace.
All abilities are welcome.
Smoking Cessation Program
Here, Butting Out is a good thing!
Teaching you the skills, and giving you the tools necessary, to assist you in your journey of kicking that habit for good.
We’re here for you… just relax & breathe.
Funded by the Ministry of Health to provide sustainable rural healthcare in Norfolk County.
To learn more, call us at: 519-582-2323 (ext. 247)
Sexual Health Program
- Birth control counselling
- Low cost birth control
- Referral for IUD and contraceptive implant insertion
- Sexually transmitted infection testing & free treatment
- Pregnancy testing, options counselling and referral
- Immunizations (HPV, Hep B)
- Cervical screening (pap tests)
- Free condoms
Please call to speak with the Nurse Practitioner or book an appointment: 519-582-2323 x 231
We provide support to people of all gender identities and sexual orientations in Norfolk County.
Healthy Eating Program, Lead by our Registered Dietitian
Our program teaches patients how to make healthy food choices to improve their health outcomes. Some of what this program offers services that can develop healthy shopping lists, mindful food choices, budget friendly meals, cooking for one and meal planning. We offer meal planning for new mom’s, picky eaters, chronic disease diets (Crohn’s, Celiac, anti-inflammatory)
Midwifery: Prenatal & Newborn Health Program
This program provides care from several types of heath care professionals such as Social Workers and Dieticians through a Registered Midwife-led clinic, This program provides individual and group prenatal and postpartum education and support. Our Social workers supports this program for postpartum depression, mental health needs and bereaved families.
We offer group nutrition care education supported by our Registered Dietician to provide support for prenatal, postnatal and infant nutritional care.
Look forward to bringing you specialized healthcare programs & services, offered by our highly dedicated team of caring professionals.
Learning good habits and making healthy decisions is a family affair. Learn, grow, and develop with us, through the birth of knowledge and inspiration… healthy practices today, will lead to good health & well-being tomorrow. Funded by the Ministry of Health, to provide sustainable rural healthcare in Norfolk County.
Download Midwifery Ad (pdf)
Seasonal Agricultural Program (SAW)
Seasonal Agriculture Clinics (SAWC) run from April through October annually. Clinics are held every Tuesday and Thursday from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Physicians, nurse practitioners, translators and administrative staff provide primary health care services such as:
- Prevention, education and treatment of common acute/chronic diseases
- Basic work-related injuries
- Referrals to/coordination with other levels of care (such as hospitals and specialist care)
- Renewal of medications
- Health promotion and health maintenance
- Disease prevention
Please call (519-)582-2323 ext. 269 to schedule an appointment